Saturday, September 7, 2019

“I wrote this for you” by Iain S. Thomas


So ages ago I wrote a This Is Beautiful post on the blog I wrote this for you which helped me a lot in the depths of my depression. After that I ended up buying his book of the same title to peruse while travelling this summer. It’s a wonderful little book, it contains both poems from his website and brand new ones.

The poems are divided into four sections: Sun, Moon, Stars, and Rain. They correspond to falling in love, being in love, breaking up, and healing afterwards. So it is primarily love poems, even though Thomas writes plenty about his depression as well. I really liked having these thematic divides since it brings you through the poems with more structure.

If you haven’t read anything by Thomas, I really can’t recommend it enough. It’s an experience completely unlike reading anything else that I’ve come across. All of the poems are designed to feel personal and uplifting and relatable. The book is a wonderful extension of that and it’s lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment