Monday, October 17, 2016

"I Me Mine" by George Harrison

Yeah the Beatles fan is back at it, I finally hunted down this book with the intention of devouring it.
So the first part of this book is like an edited memoir of George with edits and contributions from Derek Taylor (good friend of his, more of a writer than George which is why he’s in charge of this). It’s not very long or elaborate, and kind of jumps around a bit as George just goes and talks. Plenty of amusing insights though.

Then there’s a section of pictures. (Some jerk ripped out a few from the copy I got at the library, the nerve of some people.) Surprisingly enough there were some that I hadn’t seen before, which made me very happy.

Then there’s a section where George stuck handwritten copies of the papers he wrote songs on, which is really cool! It’s similar to that other book I read like a year ago, "The Beatles Lyrics" but also includes some of his solo songs. There’s also a blurb from George about each one, which is nice.


Not a long or elaborate read, but contains some nice quirks that show his personality, and a whole bunch of handwritten lyrics, my goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment