Wednesday, January 18, 2023

This Is Beautiful: Book Binding

This past weekend I went to a workshop on book binding, kind of on a whim. I thought it sounded cool, and it's something that I've never done before, so I just went. I originally was going to go with a friend but they had to cancel so it was just me and I was definitely nervous. But it ended up being so fun! Turns out that a friend of mine separately was going so I was able to sit with her and chat. And it turns out that book binding is super cool! There's all sorts of styles you can do, and it's very satisfying to end up with a book at the end. I don't think it'll turn into my new hobby, materials and expertise being a thing I lack, but I could see myself trying that out to rebind old books or things like that. I really want to try more random workshops like this, it's so cool the things you can learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment