Wednesday, August 14, 2024

This Is Beautiful: The Mask of the Rose

 So while I'm taking some time off I really wanted to play through a video game. I ended up picking "The Mask of the Rose" which is a visual novel. It has a really cool aesthetic, London of the Victorian Age has fallen through the crust of the Earth. You're trying to solve the first murder down there, and maybe finding love while you're at it.

I've only done one playthrough, but I'm really intrigued. The murder mystery is cool and not at all easy to figure out, but it's possible. And there seems to be a ridiculous amount to explore, you can't do it all in one go so replays are necessary. I'm excited to be exploring it!

One thing I hope gets explored more is that there's a character who is a writer of stories, and there's a mechanism in the game where you create stories to ask questions or propose ideas. I hope there's more about the importance of stories, and how stories can influence the world around them. That'd be cool. But we'll see, there wasn't much in my first play through so I'm mostly hoping that develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment