Friday, May 15, 2015

Time Flies When You’re Having Fun

Here’s something that I have noticed: time really does fly when you’re having fun. (Gosh I’m profound today.) But it doesn’t just apply to an afternoon or a day, it can apply to a whole year.

I say this because my sophomore year of college is almost over, and I’m really not sure how we got to this point. But I have a theory.

See, in college I’m out doing things a lot more than I was in high school (see previous post for details). And I’ve spent a lot less time by myself doing nothing. In high school, or even over breaks, time went a lot slower, I felt like I had not that much to do frequently. In college, I’m running around trying to get everything done and therefore time is going by a lot quicker. This means that I’m checking the time less often, and just trying to keep up, which leads to the phenomenon of time going by quickly.

I haven’t run this by other people, so I’m not sure if this happens to everyone, but I’ve definitely noticed that it applies to any time where I keep myself busy versus when I don’t.

And that is how we ended up here, at the end of the year with finals approaching. And I’m not really a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment