Wednesday, November 7, 2018

This is Beautiful: Fall Out Boy

You know what? Fall Out Boy is a great band for my generation because we grew up with them making rebellious music and they STILL deliver on the goods. 

Their latest album "M A  N   I    A" came out recently and I didn't get around to listening to it until about a week ago and that stuff is pretty solid man. They're still angry and yelling about things and somehow they manage to nail that perfect mix of retaining their original sound without every song sounding the same. I don't know how they do it.

Small high school me has fond memories of singing along to "Folie A Deux" and now adult me is digging their new records. Why can't every band do this? I bet that in 50 years or so Fall Out Boy will be the band of this generation, similar to Queen in the 80s or the Beatles in the 60s.

So give old or new Fall Out Boy a listen, they're great, all of their stuff's great, whether it's old or new.

No comments:

Post a Comment