Saturday, December 14, 2019

“Drowned in Milk Tea” by Anne Chivon


November’s free ebook from the Great Ace Digital Book Box is a book of poetry! This made for a really nice change, I’ve mentioned this before but I really want to read more poetry. This book focused on one relationship and how it comes together and falls apart.

The really unique thing about this book though is that every other page is a writing prompt. So you see a prompt, and then a corresponding poem on the next page. I actually really enjoyed this because it allows you to see a piece of the author’s thought process, what her writing is responding to, and possibly some dual meanings to her writing.

I also thought her poems captured really well this sense of memory, of how you can go through a breakup but thoughts about your ex still haunt you for a while. Maybe they never leave. I don’t know. But you clearly see the cyclical nature and how these memories can still flood you for ages afterwards. The end of the relationship never really is the end.

In case you missed it a couple weeks ago, I’d highly recommend signing up for the mailing list! Free ebooks! Support asexual writers and representation! I’ll be reviewing them as I get them so we can all have a discussion about it. It’ll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment