Wednesday, December 11, 2019

This Is Beautiful: Being On Air

Alright so I'm embarking on this journey where I am trying something new and training to become a radio DJ with the local student-run radio station. And today (the day I'm writing this) was my first time going on air and spinning some tracks. It was awesome!

It's a little odd because it involves a lot of sitting around and waiting and then hitting a whole ton of buttons, kinda like those video games where you're a server or something and have to plan out when you go where. But it's also addicting. I loved talking and playing music and navigating the sound board. I had such a good time, I can see how people love doing this every week.

So here's to trying new things! Here's to freeform radio! Here's to the radio in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment