Wednesday, January 8, 2020

This is Beautiful: Steven Universe Future

Yes I know I know I talk about this show a lot, but I was really concerned when I found out that there was going to be an epilogue series about it. I cannot stand when media drags something out past the point it should have ended just to make money or something. But that is definitely not what is happening here.

The ending series, "Steven Universe Future," just ended last week, and it was incredible. The show addresses Steven's trauma as a result of the main show, and definitely does not shy away from the work that he has to do. It also does not so much wrap up characters' arcs but demonstrates that their stories never really end. Because nothing ever does.

It's a short series, episodes are only ten minutes long to begin with and I think there's ten total. So it really only features certain characters and certain arcs. And there is not really a series-long arc either. But it does the job, it wraps up the show and the characters that we have grown to love. And as a result I am incredibly happy with it and with leaving the show there. The makers of this show did such a good job, I cannot wait to see what they come up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment