Wednesday, May 27, 2020

This Is Beautiful: Heart's Choice games

Alright I've picked up a new interest. I've started playing some Heart's Choice games in my spare time. These are games that are entirely text-based, no graphics or music or anything. It's a bit like a choose your own adventure book to be honest. They are part of the larger Choice Of games, but these are all intended to be like a romance novel.

Now this seems really out of character for me, but I have an explanation. I found these games because I heard that for a lot of them you can play as asexual and/or aromantic. A number let you play as any gender that you want as well. So initially I was coming at this as a chance to check out some representation in media.

But also, we're in a quarantine right now and I live alone. I started the first one, "Never Date Werewolves," and kinda really liked the romance aspects of it. Having a choice in the storyline made it seem just a little more real than reading a fanfiction or something, and knowing I had a choice in who my character was and what they want made it personal.

So surprisingly, these have actually been helping with my loneliness a lot. You can play them through once for free (with 2 hour breaks between chapters which is kinda annoying) or can buy it for a couple of dollars. I would definitely give it a shot, if you hate it it's free and it's maybe 15 minutes of your time per chapter. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment