Wednesday, June 17, 2020

This Is Beautiful: Sweet Sweet Electricity

So yesterday the power went out around 7 pm, and it didn't come back until a little after noon today. It was pretty eye-opening to see how much we rely on electricity and the internet to get through the day. Especially since we're in quarantine and internet is the main way I communicate with other people these days.

Couldn't do any work really, also I unfortunately just finished my book and the podcasts I had downloaded and couldn't get any more. Streaming was a no-go, and the zoom dance class I was going to participate in was out of the question too. It's a good thing I had already finished "The Dragon Prince."

We just old-schooled it, I nearly always have a physical book on hand so I read that. Also I used it as an excuse to get outside and hang out in the sun which was lovely. Thankfully the power was back on almost immediately after I went back inside so things really weren't that bad. But it was a funny reminder of how much we rely on this aspect of infrastructure that we often take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment