Wednesday, July 29, 2020

This Is Beautiful: Carillon Music

So this past week I noticed that the school was doing a free carillon concert series so I went to the first one and dragged a friend with me. It was a nice time! Since carillon is basically an organ that's hooked up to big ol church bells instead of pipes it has to be performed in a bell tower which means that the audience is outside just by necessity. So we sat on the grass and lounged around and listened to some pretty bells.

I'm not expert on carillon music, but to be honest it was really nice to just be experiencing a live concert instead of a stream or the same album on repeat or whatever. And I just think the bells sound really cool. You can play modern music or classical pieces and they all sound pretty.

Getting outside! Listening to music! Seeing people from a distance! All good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment