Wednesday, December 2, 2020

This Is Beautiful: TWEWY Sequel!

 Alright the thing that is making my life right now is the fact that right before Thanksgiving, a sequel was finally announced for The World Ends With You (TWEWY). I've written about TWEWY before (here, here, and here), I think it was one of my first "This Is Beautiful" posts back in the day (also here). I'm honestly just shook. I cannot believe that we are getting a sequel finally. I've been waiting for this for literally a decade and it is here.

This was such a formative game for me. I played it for the first time back in eighth grade and its message about opening up to people had a big impact on me. I'm not totally sure why, it definitely wasn't like I was living in a lil hole and not talking to people, but I think watching these likable characters go from being sad and lonely to opening up and persevering forced me to reflect it back onto my life and what changes I could make. Not to mention that the world building, graphics, music, and mechanics were all incredible and addictive.

I hope this game is good and has the same impact on me that the original did. I hope that this isn't a huge letdown because honestly I need a win right now and therefore I am all in on this hype. I sure hope that this doesn't let me down because I am soooo excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment