Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Is Beautiful: Spinning Fire

 In person activities have more or less ceased around here, but right before we went into the next phase of the lockdown I managed to get Photonix together to spin fire. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'd look it up on YouTube because any attempt for me to describe it here would not do it justice. 

Spinning fire is one of the most empowering things I have ever done. You feel like a fire bender out on the field with these flames whipping around you. It is definitely terrifying the first couple of times, but after a while you get used to it and gain confidence from what you are able to do.

I have missed spinning fire so much recently. I was spoiled in undergrad where I could spin fire every Friday, now I'm lucky to spin fire once a semester. I love and miss it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment