Wednesday, November 4, 2020

This Is Beautiful: ASHG

 So this past week was not only Ace Week but also my first American Society for Human Genetics (ASHG) meeting. ASHG is a week-long conference of genetics researchers from all over the world. Since there's a whole pandemic going on, the meeting was virtual. So it was a week of being able to stream talks and panels while participating in the chat and discussing cool genetics topics. 

It definitely wasn't the same as being in person, that's for sure, but it was nice. I still feel as though I learned a lot (may have found the saturation point even). And it made for a nice change of pace. One of my lab mates gave a 15-minute presentation on her work, I sure hope that I can contribute like that sometime soon! Hopefully in person too.

No comments:

Post a Comment