Wednesday, May 12, 2021

This Is Beautiful: Making Art

 I know that I posted about my leviwand video on Saturday, but I'm still not over it. It's just really nice being able to make something, and to be able to control it as much as I could with that video. I mean I did the music, the choreography, the video capture, and the video editing. I controlled so much of that video, it could look and sound exactly how I wanted it to. It's not necessarily the same if you have a video of a performance you did somewhere.

It's also just so nice to be making art again. I love it when you look at the work of one artist and can see them grapple with different ideas and how their work changes. I've now done 4 total (3 consecutive) of these videos and I can see what different ideas I was working with and how my mental state affected the output. It's really cool, and a neat way to look back on the last couple of years.

It's good to be back at my craft. I probably won't make another until next year, but I'm so happy I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment