Wednesday, October 27, 2021

This Is Beautiful: ASHG

 This past week was ASHG, or the American Society of Human Genetics meeting. It has been virtual for the past two years now, which is disappointing, but good for safety since this meeting is HUGE.

I really enjoyed it last year, besides the fact that I started fighting people in the chat during 23andme's presentation on studying the genomics of gay individuals. It was nice to hear about other's research and to see what my larger field is like.

This year was rather similar! It had a nice sense of togetherness, even though we're all separated by a screen. Getting hype in the chat during my lab mates' presentations was definitely a highlight, but I always enjoy just popping into random sessions that look interesting as well. It's just really cool to be reminded of the bigger picture and what your field consists of!

No comments:

Post a Comment