Wednesday, March 16, 2022

This Is Beautiful: Props Work

 I might have mentioned earlier, but I'm working on the technical theater side of things for a student written show as the props manager. It's been forever since I did any props work, and I'm finding it really refreshing. I actually think the last time I did props was in 2014 when I was a freshman in college, wow that was a while ago.

Like I said, it's a student written show, so it's nice to have students doing every side of this. And the director has given me a lot of freedom, I don't remember having this little direction the last time I worked on props. It's really nice. :)

Also it's great to be working with my hands on things? I always forget just how satisfying I find that to be. For example, I made a puzzle out of cardboard and painted cats on it. It was a lovely way to spend an evening, and I've got a puzzle now! How cool is that? And I'm painting a sack with red paint to make it all bloody, so fun! Anyways, technical theater is a good time, try it if you haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment