Saturday, April 16, 2022

On Student Orgs and Responsibility

 I'm having a tough time right now with a student org and I literally cannot say much right now. But I do want to make the point that student orgs have one hell of a responsibility towards its members. If someone comes forward with an issue, then the org needs to act on it and ensure a safe environment for its members. 

If it's a situation where the person doesn't want the board to do anything at all, then this likely isn't an issue for the board. Because once you're in a position of leadership you do have that responsibility and will be held accountable towards that. 

If board members don't want to take action and take on that responsibility, then they shouldn't be in that position. I don't care, that's what you signed up for and that's what you made a commitment to. Anything else is flat out unacceptable.

I am sure I'll have more thoughts on this eventually, and this definitely applies more broadly than just student orgs. But that's all I can really say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment