Wednesday, April 27, 2022

This Is Beautiful: Shakespeare in the Arb Audition

 So I auditioned for the local production of Shakespeare in [insert park here] on a whim. This was also the same weekend that I was losing my mind over that previous final that I probably tanked. It's a production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" which is absolutely perfect for doing outside this summer.

Anyways so I thought that the audition and everything went really well, but my hopes weren't exactly high. I'm not a great actor, plus there's like real acting people auditioning as well. I walked into the callback and there were 25 people there, plus I was only called back for the fairy roles and not the human roles. I just did some movement stuff and then left. 

What I didn't expect then was that I'd be cast as Puck! This is the main fairy who goes around and causes chaos in the play, it's a pretty big role even if this production is splitting it up between 3 people. It's just absurd, I'm still in shock, and I'm really looking forward to this play.

No comments:

Post a Comment