Wednesday, May 11, 2022

This Is Beautiful: Annabeth Chase is Black!

 This has probably been talked about by others who know more specifics, but I am honestly so thrilled with the casting of Annabeth Chase in the Percy Jackson TV series as a Black woman! From what I've seen the author, Rick Riordan, has been pulling hard for this casting and has been given a lot of autonomy from Disney, and I'm so glad that he made this call. It will mean so much for Black children everywhere, whether they grew up with this series or are just discovering it now. And it makes me excited for the production as a whole, after the flop of the 2 movies I have been nervous. But if they can pull this off with all the racist haters out there? They can pull off anything. I can't wait to finally watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment