Wednesday, May 18, 2022

This Is Beautiful: Community

 This past weekend, I had a meeting for a group called "Aces Committed to Anti-Racism" which is a Discord server dedicated to members of the a-spec community that want to work against racism, both in general and in the community. A lot of it consists of reading the book Me and White Supremacy by Layla Saad. It's a really good book, and I'll definitely blog about it eventually. But being able to have a more face-to-face conversation with the other members was really refreshing and invigorating! It reminded me of what we're all working towards and how we can lift each other up throughout this process. 

I tend to be really pessimistic about my interactions online, and while I still definitely am that, it was nice to remind myself that we are still people. And that we can talk to each other. And we aren't alone in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment