Wednesday, January 31, 2024

This Is Beautiful: Ballet

 I recently went out and made the questionable decision to buy pointe shoes again. It's been nine years since I've done pointe work, I'm essentially starting from scratch, but it's been interesting getting back into ballet a little more. It definitely makes me remember why I stopped, this stuff hurts so much, but you get to look so graceful and actually imitate professional dancers. And maybe it's a little unhealthy, but the calluses I'm starting to get feel like a badge of honor. Both that I'm doing this, and that I'm somehow doing this while in grad school. And I think progressing on my own has allowed me to go at my own pace so I don't feel like this is a chore so much and more that it's something I want to do. Dancing, it's so fun and it sure beats your body up. But it's really cool to see the progress over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment