Wednesday, February 28, 2024

This Is Beautiful: New Reed

 Alright so I'm a saxophone player, I've mentioned it a few times before now. My latest challenge that I'm tackling is circular breathing. It's something that you never quite think that you can do yourself, but you hear about others doing it and it seems SO COOL. I mentioned it offhand one day to my instructor and we've been working on it. Let me tell you, I could not get a single note out. I was practicing for weeks with a glass of water and a straw and getting that down, but on the horn nothing was coming out.

And then I got a new reed and everything just works now! It just works! I can get noise of out the horn and it's glorious. My tone sounds supported, everything is so much better. I really need to remember to change my reed more frequently, I tend to use them until they are absolutely dead because I'm cheap but there truly is no need for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment