Wednesday, September 19, 2018

This Is Beautiful: The World Ends With You

I discuss this game pretty heavily in these two blog posts, so this will mostly be an update on those. Just go back and read those first, I don't want to reiterate everything that's there.

So we are finally getting a kinda sorta sequel to TWEWY as a version is coming out for the Nintendo Switch this fall. I just pre-ordered it haha. And I can't really say how much this means to me, that we're getting another go at the game.

Back in middle school when I played this for the first time, it really affected me. It's message of reaching out to others and the philosophical undertones present and the humor found some part of me to latch on to, and it's been there ever since. I replayed it several times since then, and it's just as relevant as it was then.

I don't know why, I rarely get into video games this much. But the fact that the game is coming back as I am now an adult fills me with hope. Sometimes I feel as though I have lost track of the me just after playing the game who was so filled with the promise of getting to know others and expanding her world. That enthusiasm for life seems kind of far right now.

We're apparently being given a special ending with this new game, and while I have no idea what that entails, I'm just excited for new content. This game, from the graphics to the music, is really beautiful to me, and I'm just pumped to revisit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment