Wednesday, April 10, 2019

This Is Beautiful: I Wrote This For You

While poking around on the Internet, I found the poetry blog "I Wrote This For You" by pleasefindthis. It's incredible, the whole project is a collaboration between a poet and a photographer, and every one of the poems is written precisely for you.

Seeing genuine emotion like this on the internet is wonderful, there is so much cynicism and basic denial of feelings in the world right now. Which is silly, because we all feel feelings. Art like this reminds us that it is okay to love, and it is okay to feel pain. And it's okay to express that to others. In fact, it's imperative that we do.

Having a space like this has been particularly helpful for me recently, it reminds me that what I'm feeling isn't wrong or bad, it's just a part of life. I hope that this blog helps you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment