Wednesday, November 13, 2019

This is Beautiful: Presentations

Hear me out on this: presentations can be great! Especially when they are over. Last week I gave a huuuge presentation to the entire department. This is required for the first two years of my program, so I just got the first presentation out of the way! And it went well! I mainly wanted to work on my speed and clarity, I have a tendency to talk fast when I get nervous. But I tried to relax and go slow and I definitely improved even though it isn't perfect yet.

And I got quite a few compliments on it! Professors seemed to like my talk. I'm super proud, very ready to take a bit of a well-earned break. It's good to challenge yourself and do scary things, stretch your horizons a little. You never know how it will turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment