Friday, March 20, 2020

Update from the Quarantine

Man has it been a strange week. Michigan went from 2 confirmed cases to over a hundred. I know that they aren't testing everyone so there's more than that, but that is still a huge jump wow. Anyways, I don't want to talk about the virus forever, but here's a list of what I'm doing to try and keep myself busy during this time.

1. Crafts!
My sister bought me a little kit to make plushies for my birthday and I'm finally getting around to popping that open and making some haha. It's great to have a physical manifestation of your efforts, and they are pretty cute as well! Hopefully I'll fill the house up with my crafts!

2. Online yoga
I'm not one for the gym, but I do like dancing, stretching, and yoga. There's a bunch online, I quite like the app Down Dog, that you can do for free! Have to keep that body moving even though we can't leave the house that much anymore.

3. Choreographing
I was supposed to be a part of this performance in April, but that got cancelled for obvious reasons. I see no reason why I shouldn't put an act together anyways, now I have the free time to work on it!

4. Check in with friends
You should all be doing this regardless. Talk to your friends! See if they're okay. It'll keep you from going insane and it'll be helping your pals too.

5. Read a book
The thing I can't stand about being in school is that I never have the time to read anymore. Can't say that now! Support your local bookstores as well, they need the support during this time.

So there we go, 5 suggestions, short and sweet. I hope everyone is staying safe and making smart choices out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment