Wednesday, August 12, 2020

This Is Beautiful: Ice Cream

As surreal as it is to walk around town with everyone wearing masks, it is nice to get out and about every once in a while. A friend of mine took me out to grab ice cream spontaneously and it was a good time. Of course it was overcrowded and there were a couple of idiots, but sometimes the benefit of doing these things can outweigh the risks. (And I did say "sometimes" there.)

I don't know, it just gets lonely when you are inside all the time. And talking to people virtually does not really capture it. And even better is when you have a common activity, like eating ice cream, to focus on. It is something that I have missed a lot, and I'm not an extrovert at all. Somehow I just miss people and being around strangers anyways.

It is important to remember to take breaks and eat ice cream with friends! Just remember to be safe while you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment