Wednesday, September 30, 2020

This Is Beautiful: Fanny

I cannot believe I have never heard of the band Fanny before. Fanny is a rock band consisting entirely of women from the 70s. In fact, it is the first all girl rock band. And they are queer and women of color. It really does not get much better than that.

I found this band through the podcast "Lost Notes" from an episode they did on the band in their second season. It's an amazing episode, it goes through the history of the band and how they had fans like David Bowie and Paul McCartney. 

I've been listening to their music non-stop all week, I think they sound amazing. And the fact that the music is all written and performed by a bunch of badass women makes it even better. Their sound is not super unique, they sound a lot like any other 70s rock band, but I sure haven't heard that sound with a female vocalist before. 

Personally I've been in a bit of a rut recently, and getting out of my routine and listening to new music always helps me. So give them a listen if you need something new to knock you our of a rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment