Wednesday, June 16, 2021

This Is Beautiful: Inclusive Bosses

 I recently had a bit of an unfortunate incident with a co-worker where she was being really weird about my pronouns and basically interrogating me about the trans community. I had only just updated my email signature to include them (she/they for the record) and apparently this was big news.

Anyways it bothered me for about a week, but I finally told my boss about it and how I don't really want to be the one to deal with it. He was super nice about it and talked to her for me, it was really sweet. I have no idea how much he knows about the queer community, but he clearly knows how to be supportive and that's enough for me.

I wish there were more like him, it was so refreshing to have an affirming and supportive boss who wants to create an inclusive environment. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment