Wednesday, June 30, 2021

This Is Beautiful: Protecting Spaces

 The title's a little strange, but basically I recently had to remove someone from a queer group that I lead for being disruptive, rude, and offensive to other members. This has been in the works for a while, the main issue ended up that I had to convince the other two leaders that this was necessary (despite the fact that I attended and led many more of the meetings than they had). But it finally happened! I did have to go to the overarching organization to get this to happen, but we made it.

Members have been super great about this and saying that they want to come back to the space, I'm pretty excited to see more of them again! I feel horrible that I wasn't able to do something sooner, but I'm so glad that I was able to protect this space finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment