Wednesday, November 23, 2022

This Is Beautiful: Acting

 Last week I was in another play! It was "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie. I was playing both Marston and Narracott, which even combined is the smallest role in the play but that's alright. I couldn't have fit anything bigger into my schedule.

Narracott is only on stage briefly, he's some boat guy mostly. And Marston is a classic frat boy asshole without a single brain cell. I surprisingly had a lot of fun with this role! Because he's just so dumb he's so easy to make fun of and just be in character while he's confused or distracted with different situations. And he surprisingly has some fun lines, nothing really beats the "wizard car" or the enigma of a line that is "tricky, what? I say, wizard place for a holiday, what?" Plus then I get to die brutally on stage before shit gets real which is pretty fun.

I do think that all of the recent acting that I've done has made me much more confident as an actor, which is cool to see. Well by recent acting I think I mostly mean playing Puck, by far the largest and most intense role that I've had. I feel like that gave me a bit of a boost and now I can take minor roles like Marson and still have a ton of fun and make choices with them. 

Anyways it's a good time and I'm having fun. I am glad to have some free time back in my life though.

No comments:

Post a Comment