Wednesday, November 30, 2022

This Is Beautiful: "How to Argue With a Racist"

 I'm going to eventually write a full post about this book, but I absolutely loved reading How to Argue With a Racist by Adam Rutherford. As a genetics student who also does DEI, I've noticed more and more bigots using genetics in their arguments. But I also don't feel that my PhD program has really fully prepared me to go toe-to-toe with these people since you inevitably end up getting a really narrow expertise in these programs. This book helped with that. There aren't any super complicated concepts, I learned about these in class and I'm sure the broader public could keep up here, but it covers details that I didn't know or weren't mentioned in class. It's an excellent read; I'm recommending it to others in my program!

No comments:

Post a Comment