Wednesday, March 29, 2023

This Is Beautiful: Getting Cast

 Last weekend were auditions for this year's installment of Shakespeare in the Arboretum where I live. I did it last year and had such a fun time that I definitely wanted to audition again! I was much more anxious this time around though, now that I knew people I didn't want to not get cast and have to watch my friends perform without me. Which led to me being convinced that I didn't get cast after the call back where they said that they wouldn't be able to cast everyone, and only had me read for one part. I did get cast though! Very exciting. And it isn't even the role with the least amount of lines! Moving up in the world haha. There's something really satisfying about getting cast, probably because it's such a shot in the dark. It's nice to know that other people think you'd be good in this role and that they want to do this project with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment