Wednesday, March 8, 2023

This Is Beautiful: International Asexuality Conference

 This past weekend was the 2023 International Asexuality Conference as part of World Pride in Sydney! The prep was a bit of a ride, no one did anything before about 3 weeks ago, but it came together and was a nice time!

This year (related to no one doing things in advance) I ended up hosting and leading a ton of discussions. It was really great though to like make connections and meet people outside of my usual circles. I was also more or less in charge of a few panels, I was really proud of the Gender Diversity and Asexuality panel as well as the North American Aces panel. I thought those ended up nicely diverse, and as a result we had some good conversations!

I do need to learn my lesson to not do these big conference organizing roles in the middle of the academic semester. Thankfully last week was also my spring break but my goodness I could not have done that otherwise. But with that over with, should have a decent chunk of time until the next conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment