Wednesday, March 22, 2023

This Is Beautiful: Ghosts

 This isn't really about ghosts, it's more an extension of last week's post about performing. There's about 3 different shows right now going up about ghosts: the one I was in, another one I did costumes for, and one more from the same theater group (surprisingly enough). And all of the ghosts are played by trans people. As strange as it is, I found this really affirming. Both because I'm playing the most genderless ghost which I love, and because it somehow came with a whole community of others. It's really strange, and I doubt that the other 2 feel this as much, but I like having these others I can point to and be like "oh yeah I did that too." It makes me feel like I'm part of this group! And we love feeling in community.

No comments:

Post a Comment