Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Busking in Boston

So I tried busking in Boston last week for the first time with my ukulele. It was pretty cool! Went much better than I expected. I was out there for about 2 hours and made $5 which seems pretty good for a mediocre ukulele/singer.

Boy do my fingers hurt though! Watch out if you’re a string player, my left hand is pretty sensitive right now.

What I found interesting about the whole experience was that I felt most awkward at the beginning and the end of the experience. I guess it’s because while I’m walking around I feel like a spectator, and don’t want to leave that role in order to start playing. And then at the end I’m comfortable as a player and don’t want to go back to being a spectator.


Anyways, it was a cool time, I think I’ll do that more often now that I have a ton of free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment