Wednesday, October 10, 2018

This Is Beautiful: Fire Spinning

When I was in college, I was part of a circus club. We had some acrobats and things like that, but it mostly consisted of prop manipulation. And a big part of that is lighting your prop on fire and spinning it.

Of course there are plenty of regulations to follow, you need proper fuel, toys, safety, everything. But nothing quite compares to that feeling of holding and controlling an enormous ball of fire. You feel strong, powerful. There's nothing like it in the world.

I recently went back to my old college to see some friends of mine spin fire, and it's so much fun to watch. The patterns that you can make with light and even sound (fire is very loud) are gorgeous. But I miss spinning it myself.

If you don't know what this looks like, just google it. You'll find some really cool videos! And remember that if you want to try it out yourself, do so in a safe manner, there have been some really bad accidents in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment