Wednesday, October 31, 2018

This Is Beautiful: Mindfulness

I'm an overachiever. Or at least I try to be. That's why I always feel like I have to be working, have to be doing something, that's partly why this blog exists and these series posts exist. But I try to also make room for mindfulness.

Mindfulness to me can mean meditation, but it also just means stopping to smell the flowers and watch the world go by. Meditation helps with that, helps to make it easier to focus on your breath, but that's not all of it. It's also sometimes taking a second out of your busy day to reflect and think and observe.

The effects are really incredible, sure there's some science about it, but on a basic level I feel better when I'm more mindful. Less stressed, less rushed. There's something really beautiful about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment