Wednesday, December 19, 2018

This Is Beautiful: Phone Calls

I know that no one these days likes to talk on the phone, but just hear me out on this one. The other day my friend called me up just because they were bored and wanted to talk. NO ONE DOES THAT ANYMORE it's all texting and messenger. Hearing someone else's voice is so important, you can pick up on emotion and emphasis and all of those crucial things that you misinterpret over text.

I think there's something beautiful about the human voice, that's why singing exists, heck that's why podcasts exist, there's something there that you can't get anywhere else and can hold a medium on its own. It's lovely and beautiful, and I wish we called each other more often. Not like marketing calls, but calling just to talk. We've lost that to text, and there's something there that we lost as well. I'm not sure what it is, but I challenge you this week to call someone, just to talk. See if you can understand what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment