Friday, May 17, 2019

"Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha" by Tara Brach


The woman I go to for counseling gave me this book, she thought it would help me with my life falling to pieces. She was right, this book is an incredible resource. There were numerous times where I picked it up with a problem or something worrying me and I found great advice and suggestions within pages of reading it.

Brach goes through several aspects of radical acceptance, which here means accepting your life in all of its messy glory. And being ok with yourself and your flaws. Everything is illustrated with examples from her life or from people she has worked with, and each chapter ends with a couple of simple meditation exercises to perform to help with what she discusses in the chapter.

I found this book to be wonderfully helpful, Brach's writing style is very clear and easily understandable so even her more difficult concepts come through. And her suggestions are very practical and aim to help anyone regardless of their background in Buddhism or mindfulness. As a result it is tremendously helpful for anyone who is interested in learning more about mindfulness, or those who have been meditating for years.

I hope that you pick up this book and that it helps you.

No comments:

Post a Comment