Wednesday, May 22, 2019

This Is Beautiful: Tattoos

I got my first tattoo this past weekend. It was totally unlike any experience that I've had before. I always thought the idea of tattoos were really cool. Here's this body that I didn't exactly sign up for, now I'm going to turn it into a piece of art. So tattoos themselves I think are gorgeous.

But also the experience of getting one has been beautiful. My tattoo artist was saying how when you get a tattoo you are in an inherently vulnerable position, laying there while someone sticks something that means a lot to you into your skin. And the pain is very different from anything else as well. It didn't actually hurt as much as I thought it would. And since mine is on my left ribs, feeling when he was going over a bone or not was a really cool experience.

I'm thrilled that I got a tattoo, between the art now on my body and just the whole experience in general, I'm very happy with it. Definitely something to try if you have been thinking about it or just want to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment