Wednesday, June 19, 2019

This Is Beautiful: Beaches

Got to spend part of last week in South Carolina with my sister (post incoming on Charleston) and it was just really nice to be at a beach again, I think it's literally been years since I had a beach day. I forgot how nice it was to be there.

Partially it's the stopping and relaxing and reading yes, relaxation is very important. And lounging around is something I tend to skip out on since I can be pretty high-strung.

But what I really find beautiful about the beach is the water and the sun and the waves and the sand. It is so unlike anywhere else with nature so close to you and yet it is all so relaxed. So you can hunt for hermit crabs and snorkel with minnows, all without any real planning beforehand. It's incredible!

And yes there are plenty of man-made beaches, and lifeguards are all over the place to keep people safe. But it is still such a unique environment in this day and age. I don't know, spending time at the beach is nice, I need to do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment