Wednesday, June 5, 2019

This Is Beautiful: The Online Ace Community

Seriously, the online asexual community has proven itself to be a safe haven for me so many times. Partially this is because I'm ace, for sure, so having this supportive community was excellent while I was coming out and answering any questions that I had. But it's also just a very supportive community in general.

This is a group of people who are continually told lots of really hurtful things by others, including people in the wider LGBTQ+ community, and they make it their mission to build each other up instead of tearing each other down. As a result, regardless of the issue, it's a very supportive, loving group of people.

Happy pride month! I hope you feel supported and loved because you are worthy of all that and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment