Wednesday, October 21, 2020

This Is Beautiful: Ace Week

 So this post is going up the Wednesday before Asexual Awareness Week which this year is Oct. 25-31. I'm so excited and hype for this! AAW has always been a week that I love to celebrate, I originally came out during AAW back in 2015, happy 5 years of being out to me. 

This year I'm running a social event for aces/aros at my university, and I think I'm going to try and get some ace friends together separately. It just seems like a good excuse to make people hang out with me. Which I love doing these days since we're in the virtual realm.

Recently, Michigan became the fourth state to recognize Ace Week (behind Washington, California, and Pennsylvania) which makes this year super special! I can't believe how much progress has been made for ace visibility, and how far we can go for next year.

I feel like this past year I've developed more of an ace community which is lovely. 2019 was hard and I found a lot of solace in asexual pride, and I'm glad that I've started to give back more frequently.

Have a happy Ace Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment