Wednesday, September 15, 2021

This Is Beautiful: Department Retreats

 Sort of a strange post, but my latest blog entry was late because I spent all of Friday and Saturday at my department's retreat. It honestly was really nice to be seeing my cohort in person and to be going to in person talks.

To be fair, this sounds like some capitalist nonsense of "I love working all the time!" and it's not quite that. I'm still exhausted and really tired and science-d out. I definitely wouldn't want to do this every weekend. But after being virtual for so long and not being able to see others present their work in person and not being able to present my work in person, this was a nice change. And it really made me feel closer to my fellow students. We don't often see each other so it was genuinely very nice to get together.

So like all things, this is a balance. But I was able to appreciate the nice aspects and get a lot out of this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment