Wednesday, September 22, 2021

This Is Beautiful: Staged

 I only recently found out about the show "Staged" starring David Tennant and Michael Sheen. The two previously starred on "Good Omens" and I think this show was essentially born from that collaboration and their friendship. The show essentially follows David and Michael playing themselves as actors whose play has been cancelled because of the pandemic and how they want to continue rehearsing over zoom.

I have to be honest, this is the only portrayal of the pandemic that I am interested in seeing within media. It's a super funny and honest portrayal of how we were all going insane a little over a year ago. I think anything else just isn't going to hit the mark in terms of how discombobulated we were, and yet there's an aspect of absurdist humor. 

I will have to check this, but I think the first season was mostly improvised. And now with season 2 out they're pretending that the first season was scripted and now this is them actually talking. Which is just a funny concept to me. I haven't made it to the second season but I'm excited for when I get there! The chemistry between the two leads and all of the guests on vibe just so well, it's such a cool show. I honestly have no idea why I didn't hear about it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment