Wednesday, August 30, 2023

This Is Beautiful: Mindfulness

 Some backstory to introduce this: I used to be a meditation and Buddhism nut. When I was in high school it was not uncommon for me to be reading things like the Tibetan Book of the Dead and things like that. I also used to meditate for close to an hour a day at my peak. But I fell off of that in undergrad and haven't been able to get back on. These days I feel exercise serves as my mindfulness, like dancing and yoga. If there was a meditation group I would join, I had one pre-pandemic, but it has been a bit.

Then a few things happened this week. A weekly mindfulness group popped up! Only thirty minutes, but it is virtual and I am pleased it's back in my schedule. Plus I read a book about yoga, I'll have a post about that soon, but reading gives me the space to absorb these teachings and think about them so much better. And I haven't read a book about this for a while! It was really nice to get back into it.

I know there's issues with mindfulness but it's helped me so much over the years. I hope this is the start of me getting back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment