Wednesday, August 2, 2023

This Is Beautiful: Top Surgery

 I'll probably write a longer thing on this eventually, but I'm really excited to say that I got top surgery back on the 21st! I'm still recovering but finally feeling better after the procedure. For about a week after surgery, you get 2 drains, one on either side of your chest. They feel horrible and itchy, plus you have to clean out all of the blood and pus multiple times a day. I finally had those taken out and everything felt soooo much better. Still in a compression vest and can't drive or lift anything, but it's feeling less like I'm home sick and more like I'm taking a break from work. Not that it ever was horrible, I was pretty much on Tylenol since the surgery and have pretty good arm mobility. 

I am still having some reservations about my body image with this, I feel like my stomach has swelled up and I look huge, but I'm pretty thrilled with my chest specifically. I'm excited for it to heal up and see how this develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment